Front End / Full Stack Developer
Our energetic and talented dev team is building a unique product at the intersection of several cutting-edge trends: computer vision, IoT and distributed edge computing. You will play a key role in the success of the Osprey Reach visual intelligence platform.
The right candidate will combine strong technical skills with a pragmatic approach to agile collaboration, design and construction. If you are passionate about software development and if you like the idea of taking terabytes of unstructured video data and turning it into useful information, simply and elegantly presented, this might be the job for you.
Though we are leaning towards web development and front-end skills, we are looking for a number of hires and skills in different areas, so read on if the opportunity intrigues you.
Osprey Reach controls a distributed network of cameras and sensors and is optimized for managing rich media across high-latency, low-bandwidth industrial contexts. The value is providing intelligent visual notifications of critical on-site events. To do this we employ cloud services and edge devices that ingest, analyze, store and manage gigabytes of images daily.
We make extensive use of AWS services, Django/Python for the back-end and Ember for the front-end applications. The database is Postgres. We also deploy and manage machine learning classifiers to solve problems using computer vision.
We are a mid-stage startup with a real shipping product that has attracted a customer base of over 30 industrial companies and strong recurring SaaS revenue. We have recently received a round of venture capital investment. As a result, we are looking to expand our team to seize the major opportunities in front of us.
Requirements and Nice-To-Haves
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and design
- 3+ years development experience
- Experience with a modern framework (EmberJS, Angular, ReactJS or Vue.js)
- Enthusiasm for unit testing
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful web services
- Database / SQL skills
- Source control management (git)
- Teamwork skills – collaboration within an agile team
- Python (Django)
- Containers and microservices
- Hosting scalable web services in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Computer Vision (eg OpenCV)
- Experience or interest in Machine Learning (Tensorflow, Keras, Neural Networks)
Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you are interested. Link or include your resume. Of equal interest is any coding work you can show or demo (on Github, for example).
Resumes will be held on file for six months unless applicants indicate they would prefer their information be discarded when the position is filled. While we thank everyone for their interest, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.