Technical Client Care Specialist
Osprey Informatics (Osprey) is seeking an energetic, insightful, imaginative and analytical Client Care Specialist to join our bustling and growing SaaS firm in Calgary, Alberta. In just 4 years Osprey built a strong product based on real market needs, an energetic and talented team that collaborates daily, and an enviable industry reputation. These strengths have helped Osprey attract a client base that includes some of the top energy companies in the sector, build strong recurring revenue, and turn heads in the media, conferences and tradeshows. To say that Osprey punches above its weight with its small but focused team is an understatement. Osprey is looking to build on its success, with a focus on building a ground-breaking intelligent visual monitoring platform for the Industrial Internet of Things. Working with Osprey will expose you to the best clients in the business, enable you to work with a great team and truly make a difference in the Company’s success.
You will be the front line of client interaction and the interface between customers and the rest of the company, handling email support tickets and phone inquiries. Your support responsibilities will cover the full lifecycle of our product, from provisioning, through deployment and to ongoing maintenance and proactive quality assurance. You will also be expected to participate in the product development process as an owner of bugs and issues raised by clients, as well as ensuring that customer solutions are delivering the promised results. Use of automation and scripting tools to make your job more efficient will be encouraged.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate well over a phone
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical people
- Ability to critically assess and triage technical problems
- Understanding of computer systems and ability to investigate issues
- Ability to be available for on-call duty outside of business hours (when required)
- Solid understanding of basic networking (concepts such as IP, port forwarding, VPN)
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of common SaaS patterns: REST APIs, HTTP structure, JSON data, etc.
- Familiarity with 3G/4G cellular communication technology
- Familiarity with security systems and surveillance camera technology
How to Apply
Email your credentials to email@example.com. Resumes will be held on file for six months unless applicants indicate they would prefer their information be discarded once this position has been filled.
While we thank everyone for their interest, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.