Our talented and energetic dev team is building a unique product at the intersection of some cutting-edge trends: machine learning, computer vision and distributed IoT computing. You will play a key role in growing the success of the Osprey Reach visual intelligence solution.
We’re offering the opportunity to dive into development on a complex platform that is evolving along with our customers’ demands for actionable industrial intelligence. If you have the experience and desire to build a robust, efficient system that can handle ever-increasing data flows, we have a challenge for you. The right candidate will combine technical skills with a pragmatic, mature approach to collaboration, decision-making and delivering value every sprint.
Osprey Reach controls a distributed network of cameras and sensors and is optimized for managing rich media across high-latency, low-bandwidth industrial contexts. The value is providing intelligent visual notifications of critical on-site events. To do this we employ cloud services and edge devices that ingest, analyze, store and manage gigabytes of images daily. We deploy on AWS, use Django/Python/Postgres for the back end and RESTful APIs to talk to our EmberJS front end. The machine learning algorithms run in Sagemaker. Our edge devices are ruggedized Linux boxes.
We are a mid-stage startup with a real shipping product that has attracted a customer base of over 30 industrial companies and strong recurring SaaS revenue. As a result, we are looking to expand our team to seize the major opportunities in front of us.
Requirements and Nice-To-Haves
Required Skills / Qualifications:
4+ years development experience
- Production-level experience with Python web frameworks (preferably Django)
- Working with high-traffic systems and scaling applications
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful web services
- Source control (git)
- Enthusiasm for unit testing
- Teamwork skills – communication and continuous learning
- Flexible and open to new languages, frameworks and tools
- Docker containerization
- AWS infrastructure management
- IoT development and deployment (AWS IoT Core, Balena)
- IoT messaging (MQTT, RabbitMQ, AWS SNS)
- SQL database (Postgres) tuning and performance
- Experience or interest in computer vision (train / test / deploy classifiers)
- Video stream wrangling (RTSP, streaming, storage, conversion)
Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you are interested. Link to or include your resume. Of equal interest is any code you can show or demo, preferably on Github. Contributions to technical sites or blogs are great as well.
Resumes will be held on file for six months unless applicants indicate they would prefer their information be discarded when the position is filled. While we thank everyone for their interest, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.